We have no responsibility for the information given on these suggested sites.
Quebec Birding Link
- Les Oiseaux du Quebec – this is a very comprehensive list of links relevant to birding in Quebec.
- Les Oiseaux rares du Quebec – the most complete site for listing rare birds sighted in Quebec.
- Regroupement QuébecOiseaux
- Pierre Bannon’s site Le Miroiseur informé for background information about the local populations of species, dates of first arrival in the spring etc.
Provincial and territorial birding sites from Canada
- British Columbia
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland & Labrador
- Northwest Territories
- Nova Scotia
Broad-based birding organizations in Canada and the USA
- Bird Studies Canada
- American Birding Association
- Cornell Lab of Ornithology
- Ressources Naturelles Quebec (English Version)
- Birdlife International
- National Audubon Society
- Society of Canadian Ornithologists
- North American Bird Songs. On these pages are the sounds of North American birds; not just bird calls or bird songs, but all the sounds birds make, such as wing sounds and bill rattles. Most files are in Windows WAV format, and all have been edited for file size and clarity. Many have been filtered in ways which do not affect the bird’s song, but which may highlight the important parts of the sample.
- Bird Song Mnemonics. Here are two lists of mnemonics and other descriptions that can be used as an aid to remembering and identifying birds in the field by their songs and calls. The first list, by Voice, is sorted alphabetically by the sounds birds make. The second, by Bird, is sorted alphabetically by bird name.
- Xeno Canto – dedicated to sharing bird sounds from all over the world. Whether you are a research scientist, a birder, or simply curious about a sound that you heard out your kitchen window, we invite you to listen, download, and explore the bird sound recordings in the collection. More than just a collection of recordings. It is also a collaborative project. We invite you to share your own bird recordings, help identify mystery recordings, or share your expertise in the forums.
- NatureInstruct.org is an interactive website to help students, volunteers and professionals improve their skills at identifying wildlife by sight or by sound, particularly so that they can participate in nature survey and monitoring programs.
- All About Birds – The Cornell Lab of Ornithology’s very comprehensive online bird identification guide.
- Guide to North America’s Birds – The National Audubon Society’s online bird identification guide.
- McGill Bird Observatory – Banding station in Montreal.
- Convention on Migratory Species
- Environment Canada – Migratory Birds
- The Cornell Lab of Ornithology. Movements of Bird Populations
Conservation and related groups
- FLAP – fighting the danger of buildings and windows to birds
- Nature Conservancy of Canada
- Boreal Birds need Half
- Nature Canada
OPTICS FOR BIRDING
Optics For Birding. A non-commercial site designed to educate those who want to buy optics so that they can make informed buying decisions.
Links reviewed and updated January 03, 2018.
If you notice any broken links or have suggestions please email firstname.lastname@example.org